With Halloween soon approaching, it’s a great time to remind everyone to stay safe. Children and adults alike don their scariest and silliest costumes to celebrate the fun-filled occasion. Ghoulish monsters, creepy ghosts, and pretty princesses look forward to treats and trickery. Older generations take part in the festivities as well with Halloween games and innocent antics. But, that fun can turn disastrous or deadly if you aren’t prepared.
This Halloween, LaPointe Construction Board-Up Service wishes you a safe holiday. Follow our safety tips so you don’t find yourselves in the middle of a home emergency.
- Consider LED candles or battery operated lights for pumpkins. You won’t have to worry about a flame igniting dry leaves, decorative hay bales, or worse, your home.
- Don’t leave open flames unattended. If you are hosting a party, candlelight is great for ambiance but detrimental to your safety if left unattended. With frequent trips to answer the door and chatty neighbors, it’s easy to forget to blow out the candles.
- Be smart when decorating. Avoid decorating with hay or straw as well as cornstalks if these items will be close to candles or other heat sources like crock pots, stovetops, and heat plates.
- Remind your kids to stop, drop, and roll. Halloween costumes are often billowy and not exactly flame retardant. Make sure your children understand what to do if their clothes catch on fire.
- Give each kid a flashlight if they are trick or treating. This will help them navigate the darkness and prevent possible trips and injuries.
- Talk to older children about the consequences of pranks and vandalism. Breaking windows, accidental fires, and damage to homes is a big problem for revelers up to no good. The result of such antics can include jail time, expensive fines, injuries, and loss of life.
Statistics released by the U.S. Fire Administration reveal that over $95 million in property damage is reported between October 30th and November 1st due to fire-related emergencies. Make sure you and your children are safe this year so you can avoid being one of the statistics.
If you do find yourself the culprit of Halloween hijinks or amid an accidental fire, know you can give our team at LaPointe Construction Board-Up Service a call. Our Board Up team can cover any broken windows so you can sleep soundly without the worry of unwanted visitors entering your home. We have the tools and equipment to board up your home as a result of a fire or any other matter that left a gaping hole in your home. We’ll make your property as safe as it can be so you have peace of mind.
We wish you a very happy Halloween this year and hope you get the opportunity to celebrate the fun occasion. If you do need to call us, you can reach us at 978-447-5991. Learn about our Board-Up Services on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction.