As a homeowner, you’ll hopefully never experience a home catastrophe such as a fire, flood, or storm damage. However, accidents do occur from time to time and it is important to be as knowledgeable as possible to protect your home and family.
Over the years, our experts at LaPointe Construction Board Up Service have faced a multitude of issues that require our Board Up Service. Essentially, the overall theme is to protect your family and home from:
- The elements which can cause additional damage to your home.
- Unwanted visitors who can steal your property when left unprotected.
- Pests and critters that might be looking for a warm, habitable environment if you are away.
- Curious neighbors that might invade your property and get injured resulting in an insurance claim against you.
Temporary Board Up services should be considered if you experience any emergency such as:
- Fire damage: Damaged windows and doors should be covered up to prevent people and animals from entering while your home is being restored. This will also keep your home protected from the frigid temperatures and weather.
- Storm damage: Downed trees, powerlines, and branches due to ice and winter storms can easily break through your glass. Protect your home from further weather damage immediately to avoid water damage.
- Accidents: On the icy roads this winter, cars can lose control, slide off the road and crash through your property. Until your home can be repaired, temporarily board up the incident to keep your family safe.
- Storm Warnings: High winds common with hurricanes and winter storms can damage your home. Prepare for oncoming storms by boarding up your windows and doors to prevent injuries and property damage.
- Break-ins: Robberies increase during the holiday months when many people are away visiting family and celebrating. If you come home to broken doors or windows, after calling the police, board up any damaged areas to keep your home as secure as possible until the damage can be repaired.
- Overzealous guests: (So this one makes us smile provided no one is hurt)…it’s easy for someone to accidently run through a plate-glass window if they are unfamiliar with your home. Holiday gatherings and parties may bring on unforeseen accidents. Board up the damaged area to prevent additional incidents.
Despite the reason, you can be confident that our team of experts can quickly protect your property when you call. We are available 24/7 because we understand that accidents can happen at any time. At LaPointe Construction Board Up Service, we’ll assess the damage and walk you through our recommendations so you understand our process. Together we will devise a plan that suits your needs to keep your home and family safe.
For more information on our Board Up Service, call us at 978-447-5991 or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction. We are happy to answer any questions you have and can offer solutions and suggestions so you and your family remain safe this winter.