Do you own a rental property? Are you up to date on rules and regulations for rental properties? Does your building meet code? Does your rental have a sprinkler system installed? If any of these things keep you up at night, it might be a good idea to start a checklist. Find the local agency that governs building codes and take the time to learn what steps should be taken to make sure you and your investment are properly managed.
Your building’s fire sprinkler system should be one of the items near the top of your checklist. If you have a system installed already, make sure it is up to date. Sprinkler systems should be inspected by a professional at least once a year. If you don’t have sprinklers installed in your building, act now. Here are the top 5 reasons to install a sprinkler system.
- Your city may require it. Avoid looking for loopholes and install a system. The cost of installing a sprinkler system outweighs the cost of a fire.
- Reduce property loss in the event of a fire. A sprinkler system will start working to put out the fire while the fire department is on the way. The sooner the fire is put out, the less damage to the building.
- Lessen the risk of injury and death. A good landlord protects his tenants and values their safety.
- Keep the fire contained to one area. When a fire breaks out, it spreads fast. A sprinkler system generally can put out a fire with just one or two sprinkler heads activated. You’ll keep the fire contained to one space. This decreases any cost involved with restoration crews, both fire and water.
- Protect your investment. The whole reason you are a landlord is to make money. Protect that investment and the people within. Word travels fast when owners are too cheap or tough on their tenants. Make sure your rooms are making a profit by protecting renters.
Single and multi-family rentals benefit from a properly installed sprinkler system. Regardless of the size of your rental property, by installing a system, you’ll save lives and protect your building. If there is a fire, it is likely that the fire will be controlled effectively. The sprinklers will prevent the fire from spreading.
If your apartment building does experience a fire, give us a call at LaPointe Construction Board Up. We have the experience and equipment to handle any sized fire. We’ll protect your investment from additional damage that may have occurred with the water that put out the fire, and we’ll restore your property.
We understand the need to work fast and smart so that your tenants can get back into their homes. A fire is unfortunate and an inconvenience. Let our Fire Damage Restoration crew bring your property back to life. Call us whenever there is an emergency at 978-447-5991. Learn more about our services on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction.