More household fires occur during winter months than during warmer months. This is due to an increase of space heaters in use, unattended candles, and kitchen fires. The destruction that encompasses a fire is usually quick which is why it is best to have an emergency plan to make sure everyone in your family is safe.
Practice different situations that may occur so that you and your family will be able to keep their cool in any disastrous event. Our experts at LaPointe Construction Board-Up Service would like to offer some tips to share with your household in order to help you get started making your escape plan.
- Plan two exit routes from every room in your home. That way, if one exit is blocked by flames, there is another way out.
- Place fire extinguishers on each level of your home. Keep an extinguisher in the kitchen, basement, and on upper level floors. Make sure everyone knows where they are and understands how to use them.
- Store an emergency fire ladder in each room if you have a multi-story home.
- Have working smoke alarms in all bedrooms, the kitchen, and basement as well as other areas of your home.
- If you have smaller children in your home, draw up an easy plan with arrows that they can follow to safely escape a fire.
- Agree on a safe meeting place away from the home. Select 2 places where your family will reunite. Directly across the street from your home and at a next door neighbor’s home are great places where everyone can meet up while waiting for emergency services to arrive.
- Rehearse your fire drills. Have practice drills a few times each year so everyone knows their role and route in the event of an emergency.
With a safety plan, you can prevent injuries to your loved ones. You’ll have peace of mind that you can get out of your home in a safe manner. At LaPointe, we hope you and your family will never experience a fire. If you do, though, call our experts as the final step of your emergency plan. Quick attention to fire damaged property will protect your home.
Our team will clean up soot and smoke residue, remove and clean water logged items, and restore everything we can so you can return to your home as quickly as possible. We will work fast in order to prevent further damage to your property. Just as your careful escape planning will keep your family safe, our restoration plan will keep your home safe.
View our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction to learn more about our Fire Damage Restoration services and solutions. Call us with any questions, or if you have experienced a fire and are in need of our property services. We are available 24/7 at 978-447-5991. Let our team help you return your home to its original condition before the fire.