A house fire is a catastrophe that no homeowner ever wants to experience. Big or small, any fire is a heart-stopping event when it concerns you and your loved ones. At LaPointe Construction Board-Up Service, we know how difficult this time can be and are committed to helping you and your family move forward.
It is our hope that no one would ever have to experience a fire, but we know accidents happen. The best approach to avoiding disaster is a proactive approach to keep you, your family, and your property safe. Did you know, according to the National Fire Protection Association:
- Three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms.
- More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
Many of us take our smoke alarms for granted in a set-it and forget-it state of mind. However, just by changing simple habits in your routine, you can increase your chances of surviving a fire and minimize the damage to your property.
- Change the batteries in all smoke detectors once a year. (Daylight savings is a great time to do this).
- Test all smoke alarms once a month.
- Check the manufacture date (usually located on the back by the batteries). Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years.
Additionally, we offer this advice for optimal effectiveness of your alarms and protection:
Place smoke alarms…
- In every bedroom
- Outside every sleeping area
- On every level of the house
- In the basement
Our customers call us for small kitchen fire clean-ups to large fires that encompass most of their home. Fires have a life of their own, and even when minimal, the destruction they leave behind can be daunting. Soot, odor, water damage, and mold from material that has been improperly dried are all hazards that our technicians are trained to handle.
In the event in which you do have a fire, have confidence that our team of professionals at LaPointe will get you back on your feet with our Fire Damage Restoration process. We guide you through a complete restoration plan to ensure your property is returned to top condition. Call us at 978-447-5991 or learn more about our Fire Damage Reconstruction and Fire Damage Restoration solutions on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction. We’ll help you return your property to the way it was before the disaster occurred.