Mother Nature is a powerful woman. Her spring thunderstorms and winter blizzards can bring storm damage to the area that costs individuals and city governments hundreds of thousands of dollars. While each situation is unique in itself, rest assured that LaPointe Construction Board Up Service has got your back.
Let’s look, for example, at flooding. Water is lapping past the banks of the rivers from frequent storms and another torrential rain event is barreling down on us. Flood waters exceed the river and push through neighborhoods carrying trees and debris as it flows. These items can bump into your home with force and knock your home off of its foundation. A tree limb may take out a structural post that supports your porch.
After the flood waters recede, you may need to Temporary Shore your home with our team at LaPointe. The shoring process will allow your home to stay structurally safe until repairs can begin. Likely, hundreds of homeowners will be searching for contractors and help to fix their own home, so it may take some time before your home returns to the way it once was. This is why temporarily shoring your home makes sense. You and your family will be safe to occupy the home without the risk of injuries from weak supports.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when there is a flood.
- Have safe drinking water on hand; during a flood it may not be safe to drink the city’s water.
- Evacuate if there is the slightest chance flood waters will rise. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Stay out of flood water. It can contain raw sewage, disease, and electrical currents.
- Avoid downed power lines
- Refrain from using electricity until you are sure the water has receded.
- Prepare an emergency safety and first aid kit.
- Do not drive through floodwaters.
- Designate a meeting area with your friends and family so you have a place to find each other if phone lines are down.
- Take pictures of every room, closet, and storage area in your home now. This will help with your insurance claim.
- Be patient and kind to those assisting in the situation and to your neighbors. A little bit of humanity and humility goes a long way.
Don’t let flood waters get you down. As long as you and your family are safe, that is all that matters. For everything else from storm damage to water damage to temporary shoring, call LaPointe Construction Board up Service. You’ll be in good hands and your property will be restored.
We work with your insurance company to protect and rebuild your investments. If you need our Temporary Shoring Service, give us a call at 978-447-5991 or look to our Facebook page for more information at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction.