Securing Your Property While It’s Vulnerable
When you experience a fire, water damage, or some other problem on your property, it can be left open and vulnerable. It’s important to make sure that your home or business is secured. This protects your home, your neighbors, and your wallet. At LaPointe Construction Board Up Service, one of the first things that we do is inspect your property and make sure that it is secure. There are several areas that we secure – the perimeter of your property, openings such as doors and windows, and damaged roofing are examples.
- Doors and Windows – We board up your doors and windows. We may use plastic tarps and sheeting, plywood, boards, and other materials depending on the situation.
- Roofs – We cover damaged roofing areas with tarps to keep out the rain, animals, and insects.
- Damaged Walls – We may cover up damaged walls with plywood, plastic sheeting, or other materials.
- Unstable Walls and Floors – Temporary shoring allows us to work safely around unstable areas. We might prop up walls and floors or block them off so no one can access them.
- The Perimeter – We often use temporary fencing to surround the perimeter of your home or business.
One reason that it is important to secure your damaged home or business is to protect others. If a young child or curious neighbor wanders into an unsecured property and is injured, then you could be held financially responsible. Stray pets and wild animals could easily wander into an unsecured property and become injured as well.
The second reason is to protect your property. If you leave damaged roofs uncovered and broken windows unprotected, then your property might be damaged further. Weather events such as rain and snow could cause more damage to the building. Insects and small animals could enter and chew on electrical wires or papers. Vandals and thieves might steal valuable belongings or cause more damage to the property.
Temporary shoring is an important part of the early stages of the restoration process. It is used to prop up weakened and unstable walls, ceilings, and other parts of the structure so that the area can be safely used until repairs are completed. We use a variety of materials and methods, depending on the structure and surroundings. This allows us to safely work on the area and, in some cases, you can continue to live or work in the property during the restoration.
For over 50 years, LaPointe Construction Board Up Service has been working in the Massachusetts area. Family owned and operated, we have worked for generations to build up our reputation with our neighbors. We offer a wide range of services, including fire damage restoration, temporary fencing rentals, board up services, and more. Our expert team has worked on countless projects here in the area. When you call on use to help restore your home or business, you are more than a customer. You are our neighbor, and we are truly committed to this community.
Call us at 978-447-5991 and discover what we can do for you!