Recovering from Storm Damage
All over the country, homes and businesses are damaged by tornadoes, hurricanes, and severe thunderstorms. They can occur at any time of the year, and the damage they leave behind is often serious. If your home is damaged during a storm, call on LaPointe Construction Board Up Service. We can help you to get things back on track.
While you don’t want to experience property damage, it is important to be prepared. Following these steps can help you to avoid unnecessary delays and complications. We know you want to stay on track so that your home or business is restored as quickly as possible.
Call emergency services if you need them. Storms can cause flooding, which might be dangerous. If your area is flooded, get to high ground if you can. Be aware of deep or fast moving water. Even strong swimmers can be struck by debris or caught in currents.
Contact your insurance company. The faster you get your claim filed, the sooner it will be resolved. It’s important to understand your coverage and the required documentation. Your insurance adjuster can tell you what forms and deadlines you need to be aware of. Keep all of your receipts, contracts, estimates, and other documentation. Your insurance company may require documentation.
Select a property restoration company. You want to make sure that you choose someone with expertise in the services that you need. General contractors may not have the skills and equipment to tackle a complicated project. There are several things to consider when choosing a property restoration company.
Will they work with your insurance company? Many property restoration experts have lots of experience in dealing with insurance companies, and they can help walk you through the process.
- How long have they been in business in your area? You want to choose someone who has been around for a while.
- Are they licensed and insured? They should have whatever licensing is required in your area. They should also have worker’s compensation insurance, liability insurance, and offer some sort of warranty.
- Do they have any trade certifications? Some organizations, such as the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration, offer a variety of training courses and certifications.
- Do they specialize in the services that you need? If you have a mold problem, then you want to make sure that the company you choose has experience in that area.
- Do they have references available? Most companies have previous customers who you can contact to ask about their experiences.
- Are they reviewed on any independent websites? Look up potential contractors on review sites to see what others have had to say about them.
Following these steps will help to get your damaged home back in shape as quickly as possible. At LaPointe Construction Board Up Service, we know that dealing with home repairs is stressful. We have been in the business for over 50 years, and we have helped countless customers through this process. When you call us at 978-447-5991, you know that you are getting highly trained experts on your team. Whether you have fire or water damage, need temporary fencing, or to secure a damaged property, you can rely on us.