Thankfully, most homeowners will never experience a fire on their property. However, if you do, our expert crew is here to help you. Fire damage restoration can be a long and complex process. At LaPointe Construction Board-Up Service, we are here to walk you through it.
When you experience a disaster, you need help right away. Our team is available 24 hours a day so you don’t have to wait to get some answers. Our emergency response team can help you take the first steps, starting with contacting your insurance company and arranging a time for our experts to come survey the damage.
After a fire, the first step is to examine your property and see how much damage there is. Fires can range from only a small affected area to total devastation. Our experts will inspect your property, looking for subtle signs of damage in addition to the obvious. Some of the things that they are looking for include:
- Identifying types of soot
- Damaged walls or supports
- Water damage from firefighting efforts
- Damaged wiring and plumbing
- Damaged or destroyed possessions
Once the property has been inspected our team will develop a plan for your restoration project. The end goal is always to return your home or business to the condition it was in before your disaster. The restoration will include restoration of property that is affected by smoke, soot, and water as well as the fire.
Our expert team cleans your damaged property carefully. The decision of whether to clean and restore an item or to simply replace is made based on several factors, including the cost and difficulty of each option.
- Glass, metals, tile, and other materials can sometimes be simply cleaned and/or polished. In some cases tile may be cracked and glass or metal can be damaged by intense heat. Wood often needs to be replaced, but sometimes can be cleaned. Depending on the amount of damage, it might need to be stripped, cleaned, and refinished.
- Walls and ceilings often need to be replaced, but if possible they will be cleaned and prepared for painting. Smoke damage can make it hard for sealants and paint to stick to the surface, so a thorough cleaning is a must.
- Clothing items can be tricky. It is best to use a professional cleaning service or dry cleaner that has experience dealing with smoke and fire damaged items. If they aren’t handled properly you can be left with stains and odors.
- Lingering odors can be a big problem after a fire. There are several ways to handle the issues. First, ductwork needs to be cleaned and inspected. Filters in the HVAC system should be changed as well. We use air scrubbers and other equipment to make sure you aren’t left with unpleasant smells.
No one wants to face the aftermath of a fire, but if you, do it helps to be prepared. If you know who to call then you have one less things to worry about. Let our experts at LaPointe be your problem solvers. Call us at 978-447-5991 or learn more about our Fire Damage Restoration solutions on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction.