Fire Damage Reconstruction-Do you have an Emergency Disaster Plan?
A fire can happen in an instant, creating damage and destruction in its path without warning. To keep you and your family safe when a disaster strikes, it is best to have an emergency plan. An escape plan can save the lives of your family. By practicing various situations, you will help everyone stay calm in the instance that you do experience a fire.
At LaPointe we’ve seen, firsthand, the chaos that a fire creates. We have come up with a plan to help you and those in your household build an escape plan that will ensure your safety.
- Hold a family meeting to talk through and build an emergency escape plan. Because a fire can occur anywhere in your home, have 2 or 3 simple plans that are easy to understand at any age. Each member of your family should have two exit strategies from every room in the house.
- Have an emergency fire ladder in every room on higher floors. If you live in a 2 or 3-story home or apartment, store a collapsible emergency ladder under each bed or in a closet where it is easily accessible. These ladders are simple to deploy and give the occupants of the room a second escape route if the hallway is blocked by flames.
- Put a fire extinguisher on each floor and teach everyone how to use it. There are extinguishers specifically designed for kitchens as they put out grease related fires. Other approved extinguishers should be placed in easy to access locations where fires are most likely to occur.
- Establish two meeting places for your family. One can be outside your house, most likely on the front sidewalk or right across the street. The other meeting place can be a neighbor’s driveway or house.
- Run family emergency drills two times a year…or more if you have younger children. Make sure young children don’t get scared but see the drill as a way to keep them safe. In most cases, when children know what to expect, they will have less anxiety.
If you do experience the unfortunate incident of a fire, know that our professionals at LaPointe Construction Board Up Service have your back. We have experience in fire and water damage restoration as well as fire damage reconstruction. We understand the importance of working quickly to salvage your belongings from smoke and water damage and have the tools and experience to reconstruct your home back to the condition it was before the fire.
Our general contracting services will reconstruct your fire damaged areas. We understand the importance of finishing your home within a reasonable timeframe and within budget. Our goal is to exceed your expectations so you and your family can return to your daily routine as soon as possible.
Call us at 978-447-5991 for more information, or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction. We can help answer any questions you have regarding our fire damage reconstruction services and solutions.