Emergency Board Up Service-Tips to Prevent your Business being Burglarized
Small and medium business owners have a lot going on to ensure their store is a success year after year; managing inventory, hiring/firing employees, taking care of customers, and marketing their brand are just a few tasks they take on every day. They also must act as their own security department to protect their employees, inventory, and building from incidents that may cause harm or disrupt business. There is no dispute that it is a tough job, but done right, you’ll have a profitable business that fulfills a need and keeps your customers coming back.
Unfortunately, sometimes things happen that are out of our control. Your business could be burglarized, a delivery truck might lose control and slam into your storefront, or an extreme weather event might cause debris to smash through your windows. While we can’t control other people’s driving habits or Mother Nature, as a small business, we can offer words of advice to prevent your business from being burglarized when you are closed for the day.
- Have good lighting. A brightly lit storefront and interior will deter a burglar as they prefer to work in the shadows where they can go unnoticed. Additionally, police patrolling the area can see into your store.
- Consider investing in burglar resistant glass and windows for your store and display cases. While it does break, it requires much more force to break and therefore acts as a deterrent to any creep trying to get away with a smash and grab.
- Secure your safe with a silent alarm and place it in a visible area that is well lit. Hiding your safe in a dark area at the back of your store invites burglars to take their time while they try to cart it off the property.
- Place working cameras in key spots throughout your store aimed at the registers as well as the doors and safe location.
- Invest in an alarm system that alerts the police and you to potential danger. Work with a professional security firm to determine what alarm is best for your business.
At LaPointe Construction Board Up Service, we often get calls to board up store windows and doors due to break-ins, accidents, and burglaries. Protect your property as quickly as possible after any incident in order to minimize additional damage and extra loss. We offer 24/7 emergency board up service because we understand the importance of guarding your investment whenever trouble strikes. Your business will be safe and secure until repairs can be made.
For more information about our Board Up Solutions, call us at 978-447-5991 or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaPointeConstruction. We are happy to help answer any questions you have and can provide you with a solution that best suits your needs.